Sunday, June 5, 2011

One day at a time....

About a month ago I was inspired to do a few things, one of them was to start a family blog. And not just a regular family blog that would keep everyone informed of the comings and goings. That would have been a whole lot easier. I had been thinking a lot lately about the needs of our extended family and how we could come together and help each other. My first thought was scripture study and prayer. My family could use improvement in both areas. Fasting with a purpose. Being more obedient. Did I tell you that I had these thoughts on a bike ride? That is usually where I get these kinds of thoughts.

I approached my family with my plan. It took about a week and a half. Sam was the last to find out. Fortunately, he had been given a heads up by his brother, Tyler. Thank you, Tyler. Here is our plan for the summer:

1. Fast with a purpose. This could be for any member of our immediate family and I/we
would love to include our extended family. I told my children we are going to use this
to bless the members of our family.

2.Personal/family prayer.

3.Personal/family scripture study.

4. Be more obedient. This might prove to be the most difficult idea.


I am thankful to my family who have always supported me in my attempts to help us become a Zion family.


This is the desire of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment